Liquid Roofies

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Judge, Mr Boozificator, NYDingbat, Giles Humbert III, steved2112, Barca, Palinka

Liquid Roofies

Postby KissMyPabst » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:50 am

Drinking one now, and I promise it will cure what ails you...

1 part Everclear
3 parts Nyquil

Pour over rocks, enjoy, and welcome oblivion.
Can I pour you a beer, Mr. Peterson?
A little early isn't it, Woody?
For a beer?
No, for stupid questions...

"I got me a bottle and a dream, it's so maudlin it seems..."
User avatar
KissMyPabst
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:08 pm
Location: Three sheets to the wind and/or NY

Re: Liquid Roofies

Postby John Barleycorn » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:35 am

Ahh, a life-saving elixir!
User avatar
John Barleycorn
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
 
Posts: 999
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:03 pm

Re: Liquid Roofies

Postby JimLahey » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:29 am

Damn... that sounds mighty good right about now. Falling asleep has always been a problem for me.
User avatar
JimLahey
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed
 
Posts: 1874
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:32 pm
Location: Sunnyvale Trailerpark

Re: Liquid Roofies

Postby Jiggers McCoy » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:31 pm

Be careful, Nyquil has acetaminophen, which doesn't play nice with booze in your liver.

If you really need help sleeping, try melatonin and a bottle of red wine.
• "Avoiding the darker alcohols like bourbon, red wine and dark rum might lessen [a hangover] and you might also dance better if you wear a tutu instead of trousers." - FKR

• "If you wanna 'talk about' my drinking, it better be about how fucking awesome it is." - Me
User avatar
Jiggers McCoy
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
 
Posts: 891
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:41 pm
Location: Tampa

Re: Liquid Roofies

Postby ThurstonDrunk » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:51 pm

A lude and a twelver
User avatar
ThurstonDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie
 
Posts: 10097
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:35 pm
Location: Island

Re: Liquid Roofies

Postby KissMyPabst » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:28 pm

Jiggers McCoy wrote:Be careful, Nyquil has acetaminophen, which doesn't play nice with booze in your liver.

If you really need help sleeping, try melatonin and a bottle of red wine.



I hear ya, friend, and i'm not advocating drinking 5 of these a night. But 2-3 of em every other night guarantees some sweet dreams at least...

Granted, I'm currently bendering in Vegas, so they're only being used as a last resort when I realize that it's 6 in the morning, I've been up drinking for 3 straight days, and could really handle a few hours of shuteye.
Can I pour you a beer, Mr. Peterson?
A little early isn't it, Woody?
For a beer?
No, for stupid questions...

"I got me a bottle and a dream, it's so maudlin it seems..."
User avatar
KissMyPabst
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:08 pm
Location: Three sheets to the wind and/or NY

Re: Liquid Roofies

Postby TheSaturatedMan » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:37 am

Question for the Hard of Thinking:
Everclear. Could we get a definition on that?
Nyquil we have in Oz, but the Everclear connects neurons to give: Indie American Band or Contact wash for eyes...
TheSaturatedMan
Tippler
Tippler
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:03 am

Re: Liquid Roofies

Postby Resident Asshole » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:49 am

KissMyPabst wrote:Granted, I'm currently bendering in Vegas, so they're only being used as a last resort when I realize that it's 6 in the morning, I've been up drinking for 3 straight days, and could really handle a few hours of shuteye.


If you've been up drinking for 3 days I doubt that you need Nyquil to sleep, you probably just need to stop doing blow.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619
User avatar
Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch
 
Posts: 2719
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:09 am
Location: Coming in your back door.

Re: Liquid Roofies

Postby Jiggers McCoy » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:10 pm

Everclear is corn liquor that's been distilled to 190 proof, basically pure alcohol. (at higher proofs the alcohol will actually absorb moisture from the atmosphere to lower its own purity. science!)

It's actually illegal in some states in the US. So they sell a watered down 151 proof.

Essentially, it's a super-high proof vodka that only idiots try to drink straight.
• "Avoiding the darker alcohols like bourbon, red wine and dark rum might lessen [a hangover] and you might also dance better if you wear a tutu instead of trousers." - FKR

• "If you wanna 'talk about' my drinking, it better be about how fucking awesome it is." - Me
User avatar
Jiggers McCoy
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
 
Posts: 891
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:41 pm
Location: Tampa

Re: Liquid Roofies

Postby JimLahey » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:49 pm

Resident Asshole wrote:
KissMyPabst wrote:Granted, I'm currently bendering in Vegas, so they're only being used as a last resort when I realize that it's 6 in the morning, I've been up drinking for 3 straight days, and could really handle a few hours of shuteye.


If you've been up drinking for 3 days I doubt that you need Nyquil to sleep, you probably just need to stop doing blow.


Hahaha, exactly what I was thinking.
User avatar
JimLahey
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed
 
Posts: 1874
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:32 pm
Location: Sunnyvale Trailerpark

Re: Liquid Roofies

Postby DeeboCools » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:34 am

Jiggers McCoy wrote:Everclear is corn liquor that's been distilled to 190 proof, basically pure alcohol. (at higher proofs the alcohol will actually absorb moisture from the atmosphere to lower its own purity. science!)

It's actually illegal in some states in the US. So they sell a watered down 151 proof.

Essentially, it's a super-high proof vodka that only idiots try to drink straight.


Thanks for informing our southern-hemisphere friend but 'only idiots try to drink straight'? I resent this. It's perfectly proper to drink Everclear straight when you're trying to prove you're a total monster after puking on your birthday surrounded by either friends or concerned onlookers.
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James
User avatar
DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed
 
Posts: 1890
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:37 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: Liquid Roofies

Postby LWTCS » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:36 am

Jiggers McCoy wrote:Everclear is corn liquor that's been distilled to 190 proof, basically pure alcohol. (at higher proofs the alcohol will actually absorb moisture from the atmosphere to lower its own purity. science!)


Ah some relief......Information can be soothing also......U makin?
Trample the injured and hurdle the dead.
LWTCS
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:38 pm

Re: Liquid Roofies

Postby Jiggers McCoy » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:32 pm

DeeboCools wrote:Thanks for informing our southern-hemisphere friend but 'only idiots try to drink straight'? I resent this. It's perfectly proper to drink Everclear straight when you're trying to prove you're a total monster after puking on your birthday surrounded by either friends or concerned onlookers.


Apologies, idiots and TOTAL FUKKEN MONSTAS \m/

LWTCS: I do a bit of homebrewing here and there, no distilling for me. My environs are a bit too urban to get a still going. God bless those that do.
• "Avoiding the darker alcohols like bourbon, red wine and dark rum might lessen [a hangover] and you might also dance better if you wear a tutu instead of trousers." - FKR

• "If you wanna 'talk about' my drinking, it better be about how fucking awesome it is." - Me
User avatar
Jiggers McCoy
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
 
Posts: 891
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:41 pm
Location: Tampa


Return to Astonishing New Drink Recipes

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest