my first time trying red bull and vodka

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Judge, Mr Boozificator, NYDingbat, Giles Humbert III, steved2112, Barca, Palinka

Re: my first time trying red bull and vodka

Postby Two Hearted » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:12 pm

methfront wrote:
Two Hearted wrote:A root beer barrel is like a jager bomb, except instead of a shot of jager dropped into a beer and slammed, it is a shot of root beer schnapps.

I dunno, that actually sounds pretty good...

Yeah, it's actually not that bad--but will give you one hell of a hangover after 8 or so.
Kid-drinks.
The cabin sits shut-down, cold-frozen and empty, dead mice in the traps, waiting for me to drink alone there in the dark.
--Smatter
Two Hearted
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Postby Resident Asshole » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:47 am

Two Hearted wrote:A root beer barrel is like a jager bomb, except instead of a shot of jager dropped into a beer and slammed, it is a shot of root beer schnapps. (oh the shame...)
They were very popular up here when I was in college.

Hmm, kinda strange that we are both in Michigan but our definitions are different. Jagerbomb here is jager and red bull (or banzai, in my bar). Never heard of Jager in beer. And jager in root beer schnapps sounds sickeningly sweet.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619
Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Postby Swede » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:04 am

I get the urge to pick up a couple of cans of RB now and then but I got to say it's not more than OK, barely. Much too sweet and to me it doesn't give any other feeling than drinking anything else? Maybe it's because I'm a major sweet tooth so my blood sugar levels are probably already sky high.

Recently I've found pleasure in different variations of Schweppes mixed with either Vodka or Rum; Russchian, Red Berry Fusion, Tropical, American Ginger Ale or why not a simple Indian Tonic.

Good stuff, works awesome with Cpt. Morgan.
Swede
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Postby Resident Asshole » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:37 am

Is Indian tonic different that the tonic we get here in a gin & tonic?
Bourbon is my blood.

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619
Resident Asshole

Postby Jags » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:03 pm

Two Hearted wrote:Booze and milk were never meant to go together.

Have you never had a Brandy Alexander drunk? I think you should come visit me and let me change your mind.
-------------------------------------

The older I get, the better I was.

It's damn expensive to look this cheap.
Jags
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Postby JohnnyT » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:04 pm

My first redbull vodka was my last.
JohnnyT

Postby Crystal » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:16 pm

i generally stay away from sugary things and caffeine. blame the pregnancy. My sister and I went to a concert about 3 weeks ago, and she is addicted to the stuff. I was tired, and knew it would be a long night, so I humored her. We had a red bull on the drive to the concert (a large one), and when we got there, I had a redbull/vodka. I was shaky and jittery from the double-dose of caffeine. I switched to gin and tonics. Much tastier.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
GFYCMD- Go Fuck Yourself, Captain Mike Davis.
Crystal
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Postby cloud8 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:07 pm

A little caffeine hits the spot, but it can kill a buzz--all the more reason for after dinner drinks. Other than mornings, I'll caffeinate with Rum & Coke or Irish coffee (black no whipped cream), thanks. Surprisingly, this says Coca-Cola Classic contains 2.9 mg caffeine/oz, Coffee (Brewed) a whopping 13.4, and Red Bull only 9.5. Jolt Endurance Shot has 100.0 mg caffeine/oz., and something called Fixx Extreme a heart-stopping 2352.9.
"Never apologise for being in the Bourbon aisle."
--Smatter Noguts
cloud8
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Postby Swede » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:01 am

Resident Asshole wrote:Is Indian tonic different that the tonic we get here in a gin & tonic?

I'm not really the one to say as this is the tonic that I can get here, don't know of any other.

Google found this answer to your exact question:

Tried it (Indian Tonic) last night, and it is slightly different. Not as sweet as the original. Maybe slightly fresher, cleaner taste to it. Not sure though that it warrants the extra $. I will most likely stick to the regular next time. Been there, done that.
Swede
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Postby StefanoSbronzato » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:05 am

Did someone say FUCKIN' JAGERBOMBS??!
"There are no ugly women, there is only less vodka"--Russian proverb
Jelmo wrote:Guinnessa dsor brewakafast5. Fucxksa if withre yuour sillyh questionsd

--baby's first drunk post--
StefanoSbronzato
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Postby Two Hearted » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:51 am

Resident Asshole wrote:
Two Hearted wrote:A root beer barrel is like a jager bomb, except instead of a shot of jager dropped into a beer and slammed, it is a shot of root beer schnapps. (oh the shame...)
They were very popular up here when I was in college.

Hmm, kinda strange that we are both in Michigan but our definitions are different. Jagerbomb here is jager and red bull (or banzai, in my bar). Never heard of Jager in beer. And jager in root beer schnapps sounds sickeningly sweet.

RA, I believe I stand corrected on the jagerbomb ingredients. It is in fact jager and redbull (even up here in the sticks). As I've never had one, I had them confused with rootbeer barrels (of which I used to partake in a lot). Although a rootbeer barrel is a shot of rootbeer schnapps dropped into a mug of beer and slammed, no jager involved.
The cabin sits shut-down, cold-frozen and empty, dead mice in the traps, waiting for me to drink alone there in the dark.
--Smatter
Two Hearted
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Postby deaddog » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:53 am

Why do jagerbomb's get such a bad rap? I happen to like them......"ducks and holds up arms to dodge the beer bottles"
"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin
deaddog
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Postby Veen » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:35 am

deaddog wrote:Why do jagerbomb's get such a bad rap? I happen to like them......"ducks and holds up arms to dodge the beer bottles"

I can't stand Jager itself, that's my main reason for not doing Jagerbombs. I'd imagine for most people it's the same reason. That or they've got such a bad rap being associated with the Jersey Shore crew and similar people?

The last time I did red bull and vodka I was done with them for good. After that night despite drinking about a gallon of water I woke up with the worst hangover I have ever had in my entire life by far. I honestly thought I was going to die and left a note on my computer for my housemate to zero the drive out and take care of my dog if he ended up finding me dead. That day was spent hoping and praying I wouldn't die, and then hoping and praying I WOULD die just to make it end.
Veen
Booze Head
Booze Head

Postby Resident Asshole » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:51 am

Two Hearted wrote:RA, I believe I stand corrected on the jagerbomb ingredients. It is in fact jager and redbull (even up here in the sticks). As I've never had one, I had them confused with rootbeer barrels (of which I used to partake in a lot). Although a rootbeer barrel is a shot of rootbeer schnapps dropped into a mug of beer and slammed, no jager involved.

Ok, that makes a lot more sense. The Rootbeer barrel would be like a Rootbeer answer to a Flaming Dr. Pepper, which I happen to like. That is Amaretto topped with 151, lit on fire and dropped into beer then slammed.

Also, deaddog, I believe that jager has a bad rap because it is mainly associated with young, amateur drinkers. In my area, and at my bar, this is not just a stereotype, it is very true. That being said, I just plain don't like it. If I did I would drink it regardless of its reputation. I do like Barenjager, which is a honey liqueur made by the same people.

BTW, if anyone wants to win a bar bet, ask someone to bet on the proof of jager. 9 out of 10 people say 80. It's 70.
Bourbon is my blood.

Resident Asshole

Postby Two Hearted » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:58 pm

I can't stand redbull--it's my main reason for not doing jager bombs. I've had redbull once. Don't care to try it again.

I don't mind jager at all. To me it's not associated with young amateur drinkers--it's associated with ice fishing and as great soother for a nasty cough or sore throat (4 or 5 shots can cure that).

RA, I enjoy the Barenjager as well. A shot of that will always bring me back to bear camp.
--Smatter
Two Hearted
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub