Carolina Sweet Tea Vodka

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Judge, Mr Boozificator, NYDingbat, Giles Humbert III, steved2112, Barca, Palinka

Carolina Sweet Tea Vodka

Postby whiskeyprick » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:41 pm

This review may be half-ass because I am still recovering from first of many nights with this devilish brew. How good you say? It's scary good. I polished off an entire fifth in a couple hours with nothing more than a handful of icecubes.

The stuff has been around for a while in the South where it's made, but it is new to me. I drink a lot of tea and a lot of vodka anywho, so for me it's a win-win.

Anyone one else tried?
Last edited by whiskeyprick on Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gambling is a disease, but it's the only one you can win a ton of money for having - Norm Macdonald
User avatar
whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed
 
Posts: 8232
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:10 pm
Location: the woodstove

Re: Sweet Tea Vodka

Postby Rumhead » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:32 am

I assume you're talking about Firefly and I drink it by the gallon. It's made just a few miles from my house. Try it with a dash of lemonade.
Alcohol makes us better human beings. - FKR

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson
User avatar
Rumhead
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
 
Posts: 918
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:37 pm

Re: Sweet Tea Vodka

Postby Ptflea2 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:42 pm

I've been eyeing the stuff for a while now. I guessI haven't bought it yet is because of the price. Seemed a little high. But if it's really that good then......
Image
User avatar
Ptflea2
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
 
Posts: 627
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:08 pm
Location: Revis Island

Re: Sweet Tea Vodka

Postby Rumhead » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:14 pm

Ptflea2 wrote:I've been eyeing the stuff for a while now. I guessI haven't bought it yet is because of the price. Seemed a little high. But if it's really that good then......


The price is kinda high but with good reason. Their production is very small time. Up until two months ago they were literally making it out of the barn at their vineyard. Also, the tea that use is very expensive as it is bought from the only commercial tea plantation in the US.
Alcohol makes us better human beings. - FKR

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson
User avatar
Rumhead
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
 
Posts: 918
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:37 pm

Re: Sweet Tea Vodka

Postby firefly » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:49 pm

So that basically leaves me out of luck in the UK for trying my namesake. I'll try to track it down in the States when I am there in April.

It should be available in VA, right?
User avatar
firefly
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
 
Posts: 684
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2004 7:23 pm

Re: Sweet Tea Vodka

Postby Rumhead » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:58 pm

firefly wrote:So that basically leaves me out of luck in the UK for trying my namesake. I'll try to track it down in the States when I am there in April.

It should be available in VA, right?


My friends in the DC area say they have been seeing it there for a few months so you should be able to find it.
Alcohol makes us better human beings. - FKR

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson
User avatar
Rumhead
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
 
Posts: 918
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:37 pm

Re: Sweet Tea Vodka

Postby last_real_family_man » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:17 pm

Wow. I had (even as a southerner) always just assumed that stuff was poison. I drink vodka. I drink sweet tea. But not at the same time. I guess I should open my mind.

Is it really not just vodka with sugar in it?
Conversion, not coercion!
User avatar
last_real_family_man
Booze Head
Booze Head
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:42 pm

Re: Sweet Tea Vodka

Postby DeeboCools » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:39 pm

I got pretty drunk on it around new years. It reminded me of black tea and clear rum(for obvious reasons), but yeah, I enjoyed it.
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James
User avatar
DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed
 
Posts: 1890
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:37 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: Sweet Tea Vodka

Postby whiskeyprick » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:31 am

I'm not a big fan of a lot of things, but this shit I can get behind. We had it tonight with lemonade. Tits. Supposedly our golf course is gonna sell this mix as a John Daly this summer. Move over Arnold Palmer.
Gambling is a disease, but it's the only one you can win a ton of money for having - Norm Macdonald
User avatar
whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed
 
Posts: 8232
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:10 pm
Location: the woodstove

Re: Sweet Tea Vodka

Postby Rumhead » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:02 pm

last_real_family_man wrote:Is it really not just vodka with sugar in it?


It's muscadine grape vodka steeped with tea leaves. I'm pretty sure there is a high caffeine factor in there cus I get hyper drunk then feel like total ass the next day. They also sell the vodka without the tea but (in my opinion) it tastes horrible.
Alcohol makes us better human beings. - FKR

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson
User avatar
Rumhead
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
 
Posts: 918
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:37 pm

Re: Sweet Tea Vodka

Postby last_real_family_man » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:47 pm

Rumhead wrote:
last_real_family_man wrote:Is it really not just vodka with sugar in it?


It's muscadine grape vodka steeped with tea leaves. I'm pretty sure there is a high caffeine factor in there cus I get hyper drunk then feel like total ass the next day. They also sell the vodka without the tea but (in my opinion) it tastes horrible.


OK I'm in. I'll let you all know.
Conversion, not coercion!
User avatar
last_real_family_man
Booze Head
Booze Head
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:42 pm

Re: Sweet Tea Vodka

Postby l... » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:19 pm

i have been drinking it lately and love it. too bad it's only 70 proof.
That's what I call Drunkard justice. I hate prisses like that. They're mincing their way through life when they should be marching. ~fkr.

I wish i could find me a woman who drinks!~ruiner..on lack of women drinkers.

Image
l...
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
 
Posts: 7368
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 7:03 pm
Location: Hiding.

Re: Sweet Tea Vodka

Postby waahoohah » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:48 pm

'Kay, looking at their site, it looks like I can get it here...

I think I have a homework assignment tomorrow.
Oh, that? Yeah, I did that, it's my fault. I'm sorry.
User avatar
waahoohah
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill
 
Posts: 5800
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:08 pm
Location: Doo-Dah

Re: Sweet Tea Vodka

Postby greygoose » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:14 am

we saw that at the packy on saturday and kind of recoiled in horror. but 'prick, i trust your judgement. therefore, i must try and report back.
why is my moral compass always pointed east? that's the direction of the nearest liquor store.
User avatar
greygoose
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie
 
Posts: 11403
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:56 am
Location: Holdin' your Higgs boson hostage

Re: Sweet Tea Vodka

Postby Ophelia » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:02 pm

Rumhead wrote:I assume you're talking about Firefly and I drink it by the gallon. It's made just a few miles from my house. Try it with a dash of lemonade.


Dude! You're from my neck of the woods. I'm an island gal...Isle of Palms though, not Wadmalaw. Cheers!

And the Firefly is scary. It doesn't pack much of a proof, but it goes down too smooth on a hot day. It's sneaky good.
Ophelia
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:24 pm

Next

Return to The Art of Getting Hammered

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media and 3 guests